Step 4: Complete Housing Arrangements

Every student must fill out at least one of the forms on this page, whether you plan to live On Campus OR Off Campus.

Deadline:  May 16

Complete the appropriate forms below for living On Campus OR Off Campus


The College is pleased to offer its new students priority placement in Southwick Commons, our new, on-campus townhouse community which opened fall 2013. Each townhouse is fully furnished with 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths and will house up to four students. Other amenities include a full kitchen, a washer and dryer in each unit, internet and cable, a one-car garage plus an additional parking space. Southwick Commons is conveniently located across the street from the College’s studios and facilities, less than a five-minute walk.

All new students are required to reside at Southwick Commons for their freshman and sophomore years at the College, pending availability, unless they meet housing exemption requirements.

On-Campus Housing License Agreement

Students who intend to live in the Southwick Commons townhouses must complete a Housing License Agreement. The 2017-2018 Housing License Agreement (PDF) is an academic-year agreement (fall and spring semesters) to live in University Sponsored Housing. The agreement includes deposit and credit deadlines as well as policies such as breaks in regards to living in housing.

Click here to access the online Housing License Agreement

Roommate Survey

Please make sure to fill out the Roommate Survey so that we have the most accurate info on file to help assign you a roommate.

Click here to complete the Roommate Survey

Suggestions for What To Bring ... And What Not to Bring

For your convenience, we’ve put together this list of suggested items to bring with you to your new home on campus.

You should also check out the University’s Student Handbook, which lists all of the rules and regulations - including items that are prohibited from campus. There is a special addendum specific to the Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts campus located at the end of the larger Student Handbook.

Vaccination Reminder

The State of Connecticut requires that all students living in university housing receive one injection of the Meningitis vaccine. If you are planning on living in university housing, you MUST have received this vaccination and be able to produce valid proof. More information about required vaccinations can be found in Step 2.


Housing Exemptions

Students who will not be living on campus must submit a housing excemption form. Housing exemptions are granted for a number of factors:

Note:  Documentation must be furnished to support any of the above exemptions!

If you meet one of the qualifications listed above and do not intend to live on campus, please fill out this Housing Exemption Request Form.

What do I need to do to complete this step?
  • All students must fill out at least one of the forms on this page.
  • If you intend to live on campus, you must fill out the 2017-18 Housing License Agreement and Roommate Survey. You should also take note of the law requiring you to obtain a Meningitis vaccination before moving into on-campus housing.
  • On-campus residents should also download the housing items suggestion list.
  • If you do not intend to live on campus, you must fill out the Housing Exemption Request Form.