MissionThe mission of Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts is to educate aspiring artists through a rigorous studio curriculum rooted in figurative and representational art. The College offers a comprehensive liberal arts education essential for advanced critical and creative thought. The program reflects a deep respect for both traditional and innovative forms of teaching and provides an unrivalled foundation for developing unique visual expressions. Upon completion of their studies, students will be equipped not only to articulate their culture, but also to give it shape and substance.
- Craftsmanship and technical skill in the use of materials and methods;
- Discipline, as intuition and creativity are subjected to judgment and revision;
- Knowledge of history of art, ideas and human experience;
- Critical thinking about ideas, events, intentions and issues in contemporary culture;
- Mastery of writing and oral skills;
- Commitment to a relentless pursuit of excellence;
- Inspiration to fuel the intention and direction of the work;
- Respect and tolerance for authenticity and diversity in the search for intellectual and aesthetic integrity;
- Integration of the subjective, rational and technical in artistic practice.
Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts is proud to be accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) and the Connecticut Department of Higher Education.
Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts is registered as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.